Navigating the Maze
Realising that your care needs are changing can be emotional and stressful. We understand the added complexity of considering In-Home Care as a potential solution. Following is some information that we hope will assist you in understanding the processes and details involved. If you have further questions our Customer Service & Sales team are available to assist you.
Our In-Home Services cater for people living in their own in the community, rental accommodation, public housing, lifestyle communities and the homeless.
For all government funded packages an assessment is required by the Aged Care Assessment Team (ACT) before accessing these services. Private Services are not government funded and do not require an assessment.
For those who have loved ones living independently in their own home, or caring for a loved one, In-Home Care services are available, including Day Respite (Illawarra and Moruya), and In-Home Care Respite services.
Availability and eligibility vary between services and specific details are available from our Customer Service & Sales Team.
Types of packages availble through IRT In-Home Care include:
- Community Aged Care Packages
- Extended Aged Care at Home Packages
- Extended Aged Care at Home Dementia Packages
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs Services
- Day Respite Centres
- Assistance with Care and Housing for the Aged Service
- Supported Housing Initiatives Program
- Carer Services
- Private Services
You can access the following In-Home Care services through Government funded packages (assessment required) or Home Support Services (fees apply).
- housekeeping (laundry, cleaning)
- assistance with shopping
- personal Care (showering, dressing, continence, basic foot and nail care)
- meal preparation / delivery
- minor home and garden maintenance
- respite care
- palliative care
- carer support
- supervision of medications
- assistance with personal affairs
- social outings
- diversional therapy
- case management
- monitoring of general wellbeing
- arranging suitable aids/support equipment
Our team of professions will discuss with you the various options available to suit your individual needs.
We understand the financial minefield experienced when exploring In-Home Care options.
To simplify the process, there are two ways that In-Home Care is accessed.
- Funded Services - Are financially subsidised by the government and based upon independent assessment for eligibility by the Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT).
- Non-funded - You can receive services in your own home by paying privately for each. No assessment or waiting period is required.
Specific details of availability, eligibility, fees and charges are available by speaking to our Customer Service & Sales team.
The Department of Health and Ageing provide a Charter of Rights and Responsibilities for Community Care (In-Home Care) that protects your rights. The charter is available from IRT’s Customer Service & Sales team or on our website at www.irt.org.au. The Department of Health & Ageing Aged Care complaints Investigation Scheme can be contacted on 1800 550 552.
We encourage and appreciate your feedback and comments at any time which may assist us in improving our service to you. Feedback is welcomed through your IRT contact or our Customer Service & Sales Team.